In just a few weeks, summer will be officially over. You will bid adieu to sleepless nights of watching movie and TV marathons and waking up late at noon. Prepping yourself with make-up, fragrance and a new bodycon dress to flaunt during endless summer parties will be numbered.
While you still have time to do the fun stuff before going back to school, make sure you live your summer days to the fullest by checking out these last-minute summer adventures.
1. Get a tan. Whether you go to the beach or have yourself submitted to the tanning salon craze, getting a tan is like getting a summer tattoo. Add some tone and color to your skin like you’ve been in and about the whole summer break.
2. Visit a new place. While you still have time to explore, make the most out of your free time to visit a place you’ve never been to. It doesn’t matter if it’s a plane ride away or just a few blocks away from your home. Paying a visit to an unknown territory expands your horizon.
3. Learn a new language. Spanish, Italian, French, Mandarin, Swahili – whatever’s new to you and whatever interests you, learn a few words or common phrases. Learning a new language is fun because you learn new culture as well, much like when you physically travel. Plus you won’t feel pressured about getting a high grade as you can take lessons online – some even for free.
4. Get some beauty treats for summer. Since summer calls for outdoor activities, you will mostly be seen and heard at famous go-to places with your friends or your boyfriend. While it’s still the sunny season, grab some new beauty treats that are perfect for the weather. Hydrate your lips with a new lip balm, color your hair with that rich auburn touch, or buy that daring red lipstick you’ve been eyeing for so long. You can even get a new fragrance like L'eau d'Issey Summer Fragrance by Issey Miyake for Women while it’s still on sale for this season.
5. Prepare a meal for the family. Only a few times can you prepare a good meal for the family. It’s always mom (or dad) who gets everything ready on a daily basis so it’s a great idea for your parents to skip the food preps and let them watch the TV for a change. Nothing makes your parents happy (other than you finishing school) when you pay attention to their needs.
6. Cross out something on your bucket list. What other perfect season to try a daring pursuit for you than summer (unless you want to ski or touch a snow for the first time). It won’t be hard to find a schedule as you have around 8 weeks to spare. Call up your friends for a surfing lesson, a bungee jump, or even a sky jump!
Summer is always a fantastic season to do something outrageously fun. Slip on those flip flops, carry your tote, and head out to the warm, sunny skies while you still can.
Tony James really loves tinkering inside the garage on his cars because he wants to become a professional race car driver someday. He also works as the local grease monkey around the neighborhood. His parents support him all the way and that is why he always gives his best.